Assistant or Associate Librarian for Clinical Services-- University of Utah
Post date: Jan 02, 2019
The Spencer S. Eccles Health Sciences Library at the University of Utah seeks an enthusiastic, proactive, service-oriented, and collaborative individual for the position of Assistant or Associate Librarian for Clinical Services (Clinical Services Librarian). In partnership with multiple stakeholders, the Clinical Services Librarian provides dynamic, dedicated library service to the clinical and allied health communities at University of Utah Health (UUH). The Clinical Services Librarian works in collaboration with UUH clinical and allied health departments, chief executives, and the electronic health record (EHR) team, as well as the Education and Research faculty librarians at the Eccles Library, to provide integrated information support at the point of care. This position liaises to the clinical and allied health practices of the organization, and is responsible for leading outreach activities and training initiatives to increase the value of Library services to UUH. The Clinical Services Librarian reports to a tenured Associate Librarian at Eccles Library.
University of Utah Job ID# PRN02144F- 00820 - Eccles Hlth Sci Library Oper
WORK SCHEDULE: Full-time, 40 hours per week; Day
- Collaborates with clinical department stakeholders to identify and implement integrated Library services that support UUH’s mission.
- Provides leadership and vision in managing, developing, and evaluating sustainable integrated clinical information Library services that measurably improve patient care, provider satisfaction, and other relevant outcomes.
- Responds to EHR library requests for rapid, effective literature synthesis for complex clinical cases, and provides expert literature search services in support of patient care, research projects, and systematic review creation.
- Responds to EHR library requests from providers for customized patient education information tailored to health literacy level, learning style preferences, and language needs.
- Facilitates information and resource literacy at the point of care through services such as evidence-based information retrieval and database searching skills.
- Responds to online inquiries from patients and the community for assistance with health information questions. Works with UUH Public Affairs to develop web and social media content for the Hope Fox Eccles Health Library. Promotes the Health Library resources to UUH clinical staff and patients.
- Leads internal assessment efforts about clinical support processes and outreach.
- As a member of the Education and Research Library team, participates in unit meetings and strategic planning, answers reference questions, conducts literature reviews including systematic reviews, provides consultations, and promotes Library services and resources.
- Maintains knowledge of trends and issues in information resources, informatics interventions, and clinical outreach service models that are internal or external to the organization and can impact Library strategies.
- Special projects as assigned, such as development of resources for specific clinical departments and patient populations, clinical guidelines, grant-funded research projects, service evaluations, and committee and team work.
- Contributes to professional knowledge base through presentations, publications, and research in accordance with tenure and promotion criteria.
- Demonstrates a commitment to an environment of mutual respect and inclusion.
- Master’s degree in Library Sciences from an ALA-accredited library school, or equivalent combination of a relevant graduate degree and work experience in a health care setting.
- Excellent interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Ability to work creatively, collaboratively, and effectively to promote teamwork among colleagues.
- Passion for service to the profession and academia, and a commitment to developing a scholarly profile.
- Ability to work with multiple constituencies with ease, including but not limited to clinical staff, residents, faculty, students, and health care administrators.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity in the workplace and community.
- Flexibility and adaptability for work in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- 3 or more years of health sciences library or health care/biomedical environment experience.
- Experience working with clinical teams.
- Demonstrated creative and innovative approaches to engaging clinicians and administration.
- Experience planning and delivering online services.
- Experience with health sciences evidence-based information retrieval and synthesis.
- Familiarity with emerging and established technologies, including mobile devices and social media.
- Commitment to mentorship and leadership in the local setting and the profession.
- Willingness to seek membership in the Academy of Health Information Professionals (AHIP).
Please provide CV, Cover Letter and the names and contact of three references.
The recommendation letter MUST BE SIGNED (either electronically or by hand) AND ON LETTERHEAD. We would sincerely appreciate receiving ASAP.
If you have any questions about this position announcement or on applying online, please contact: Erica Lake, Search Committee Chair Associate Librarian
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE THROUGH THE UNIVERSITY OF UTAH SYSTEM TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS JOB:
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to individuals with disabilities. Please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, 201 S. Presidents Cr., Rm 135, (801) 553,81-8365 (V/TDD), for further information or to request an accommodation. The University of Utah is committed to diversity in its workforce. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.