West Virginia University seeks an innovative and strategic leader for its special collections division (the West Virginia and Regional History Center - WVRHC), the William A. Neal Museum of the Health Sciences, and the Art in the Libraries program. This successful candidate will be the first Associate Dean to hold this position. The WVRHC comprises several collections and activities.
This position will be responsible for and oversee:
• West Virginia & Regional History Center that acquires, provides access to, and preserves information resources in all formats which elucidate the history and culture of West Virginia and the central Appalachian region. As the Special Collections division of the WVU Libraries, the WVRHC also preserves selected information resources beyond the state and regional scope which contribute to the teaching, research, and service mission of West Virginia University.
• The new William A. Neal Museum of the Health Sciences, which highlights the university and state’s development and contributions to healthcare.
• Art in the Libraries program which develops exhibits and related programming in the Downtown Library, Evansdale Library, and Health Sciences Library highlighting the creative endeavors and scholarship of WVU faculty, staff, and students, reaching across the University, the region, and the broader academic community.
• A digital preservation program that digitizes and makes accessible files of historical and cultural materials and born-digital collections from the WVRHC.
• Public services that serve our campus, regional, and national researchers along with a growing and strengthening teaching program.
• Broaden representation and belonging through materials and outreach strategies.
• Endowments valuing over $7 million.
The Associate Dean reports to the Dean of Libraries and serves on the senior leadership team, actively contributing to library-wide planning, policy making, and goal setting.
Full Position Advertisement and to Apply Online Link
Salary: $140,000 - $155,000 - Applications received by August 1, 2022 are given full consideration in the initial screening. Applications are accepted until the position is filled.
Application should include Letter of Interest, CV, and References.
Start Date: ASAP but negotiable