Associate Executive Director-- RAILS
Post date: Aug 20, 2019
Employer/Library: RAILS - Reaching Across Illinois Library System
Library Type: Other Library
Full Time (37.5 hours per week: Monday - Friday, 9:00 am - 5:00 pm)
Salary: $109,578 - $140,000
- Have you totally mastered the fine line between being a strong leader and a collaborative team player?
- Are you a natural at inspiring any team you work with to be the best they can be?
- Do you have a proven track record at implementing innovative solutions to meet an ever-changing array of organizational challenges?
- Are you incredibly organized with stellar project management skills?
If you answered yes to all of these questions, have we got the job for you!
The Reaching Across Illinois Library System (RAILS) has an opening for an Associate Executive Director beginning in October 2019. We are looking for an energetic, forward-looking individual to provide high-level decision making and leadership and to work with our Executive Director and Executive Team to build an innovative, member-focused organization. We're also looking for someone with excellent relationship-building skills, flexibility, and a willingness to take risks.
You'll be joining a team of fun, creative, and dedicated co-workers who are committed to providing the best possible service to our 1,269 libraries of all types across a 27,000 square mile area and to making RAILS the best library system in the country.
Your responsibilities will include
- Provide leadership, guidance and direction to departments to set goals and objectives and to analyze and resolve problems
- Play a significant role in strategic planning and service innovation
- Provide organizational leadership for process of planning and forming committees and work groups to meet strategic objectives
- Represent RAILS at external events and meetings; initiate outreach and external partnership activities to further RAILS goals
- Lead and manage special projects and tasks and provide updates and reports to stakeholders as appropriate
- Work with RAILS staff, RAILS members, the Illinois State Library, Board committees and other stakeholders to ensure RAILS services and operations are member focused, efficient and aligned with the Illinois Library System Act and other related laws and rules, the policies of RAILS and the vision, mission and goals and objectives of the RAILS strategic plan
What you'll need
- The successful candidate must have a Master's degree in Library and Information Science (MLIS)
- Master's Degree in public or business administration preferred
- Minimum of five years progressively responsible library management experience or equivalent, with three years at the senior level including supervision of professional and supervisory staff required
- Knowledge and experience in directing the daily operations of multiple services and supervising management staff
- Knowledge and experience working with government agencies affecting libraries
- Knowledge and experience working with organizations serving all types of libraries
- Knowledge and experience in strategic planning and budgeting
- Strong commitment to member-driven multitype library collaboration
- Flexibility, a willingness to take risks, the capacity to learn constantly and quickly, and an abiding client service perspective
- Advanced project management software skills preferred
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft environment required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
What RAILS offers
- Competitive pay
- A generous benefits package that includes health insurance, a retirement plan, flexible spending accounts, and paid time off
- Opportunities for professional development and for participation in professional organizations
Application Deadline: Open until filled
First consideration will be given to applications received by September 23, 2019. The position will remain open until filled. To apply, send your resume with a cover letter with Associate Executive Director in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org. This position will be based out of the Burr Ridge Service Center: 125 Tower Drive, Burr Ridge, IL 60527.
RAILS - Reaching Across Illinois Library System
125 Tower Drive
Burr Ridge , IL 60527
Email address: email@example.com
41° 45' 43.9632" N, 87° 54' 48.5424" W
See map: Google Maps