Business Liaison Librarian— Meridian Library District (Idaho)
Post date: Apr 16, 2020
Are you looking for a librarian role where you can promote technological solutions and work closely with the local business community? Be part of a transformational library committed to connecting the community to new and creative resources in meaningful ways.
This full time Business Liaison Librarian position is responsible for:
- Providing technological, print and digital services to patrons, with special emphasis on businesses and entrepreneurs.
- Building and maintaining strong community partnerships.
- Planning and delivering innovative library programs to address business community needs.
- Creating project management plans and timelines.
- Assisting patrons with technological resources, peer studies and market research.
- Supporting manager with managerial duties, including resolving disputes, scheduling and acting as person in charge in the supervisor’s absence.
- Maintaining advanced knowledge of library resources and practices, as well as technological developments, modern trends and best practices
Number of Hours: 40 hours per week
Rate of Pay: $23.32 to $27.00 per hour, depending on experience.
Benefits: Eligible for a competitive benefits package including generous paid time-off, PERSI, 457b deferred compensation plan, and 100% employer paid monthly health insurance premium for employee medical, dental, and vision coverage with the option to add dependents and spouse at reasonable, low cost rates. For a full description of the benefits associated with this position, download the PDF here.
Position Close Date: Open Until Filled
Why Idaho? Meridian, Idaho is an active and safe place to raise a family and has easy access to a variety of outdoor recreational activities. Meridian Library District is a 2019 recipient of the National Medal for Museum and Library Service and the GFOA’s Distinguished Budget Presentation Award.