Central and South American Area Studies & Romance Languages Catalog Librarian-- Brigham Young University
Post date: Jan 10, 2020
Application close date: 2/28/2020
Desired Start Date: 9/1/2020
- Original descriptive cataloging, subject cataloging, and classification of books and other materials in Central and South American Area Studies (primarily Spanish and Portuguese) and European Romance languages in literature, history, and social sciences.
- Name authority work for personal names, corporate names, and series. Contribute to existing NACO/LC Authority File records.
- Subject authority work as needed through the SACO program.
- Hire/supervise cataloging specialist.
- Master of Library Science from an ALA-accredited institution
- In-depth knowledge of and familiarity with South American and European Romance languages literature, history and social sciences.
- Fluency in Spanish and/or Portuguese, familiarity with other Romance languages.
- Knowledge of cataloging and classification principles, standards, and rules.
- Supervisory and managerial skills.
For a copy of the full job description please email: email@example.com.
Benefits include support for research, presenting, and publishing along with vacation, insurance, retirement savings, and appreciation for work-life balance. BYU is located in Provo, Utah with easy access to a wide variety of recreational opportunities, sports and cultural events.
BYU is an equal opportunity employer. Preference is given to qualified candidates who are members in good standing of the affiliated church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
For complete job announcement and to apply, go to: https://hrms.byu.edu/psc/ps/PUBLIC/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Employee&SiteId=70&JobOpeningId=87843&PostingSeq=1