Scholarly Communication Librarian for Research Infrastructure-- Northern Arizona University
Post date: May 02, 2019
Northern Arizona University Cline Library seeks a creative, collaborative, and innovative Experiential Learning Librarian to provide overall leadership and vision for the library’s experiential learning spaces.
The Experiential Learning Librarian will oversee, expand and promote the library’s efforts to provide outstanding immersive user experiences in these spaces, which currently include a MakerLab, a virtual reality studio, one button video recording studio, a photography studio and multimedia production studios. This position will work closely with the library’s Teaching, Learning and Research Services unit and other stakeholders to design and deliver programming and learning experiences that support and enrich curricula and research. The person hired will report to the Head of User Services and Experiences.
The successful candidate will supervise User Services and Experience library employees whose work focuses on experiential learning spaces, services and programs; serve as liaison to campus and community partners and actively seek and develop new partnerships and funding opportunities; and continue to research, propose and develop new experiential learning spaces.
This is a full-time, 12-month continuing status eligible Academic Professional position at the assistant rank. Candidates’ application materials should address how they meet minimum and preferred qualifications. Only complete applications will be considered.
- Serve as primary liaison to faculty, students, undergraduate and graduate academic and research programs, students, school and community groups, and other users of the library’s experiential learning spaces. Collaborate with stakeholders to design, develop, implement and assess spaces and services that provide an outstanding immersive user experience and increase the impact of Cline Library’s experiential learning spaces. Identify, recommend, and implement new experiential learning spaces and services that support and promote learning, creativity and innovation.
- Provide programming that promotes innovative and immersive learning, including course-based instruction and regularly-scheduled workshops that support NAU’s academic and research goals. Develop and present customized experiences for other campus, school and community groups. Evaluate programming for continuous improvement.
- Lead a team of 2 FTE library employees and 6 student employees whose work supports current and future directions of the library’s experiential learning spaces. Manage performance, support employee development, and foster an environment that promotes accountability, high performance, employee engagement, and a shared sense of purpose and spirit of cooperation and collaboration.
- Oversee assessment of experiential learning spaces to ensure they are aligned with university goals, academic programs, user needs, and budget limitations.
- Develop and participate in outreach activities, with the support of other library employees, on campus and in the community to demonstrate experiential learning space capabilities and introduce tools, technologies, and services. Help develop promotional materials for these programs.
- Collaborate with other library employees to pursue grants and other funding opportunities that support and enhance experiential learning spaces.
- Keep abreast of developments in current and emerging experiential learning spaces, technologies, and other areas as related to position responsibilities.
- Actively participate in achieving organizational and departmental priorities through cross-training in other library units. Participate in and contribute positively to library-wide planning and initiatives.
- Provide outstanding quality customer service and comprehensive information, research, and referral support at the Ask Us! Desk, virtually through chat and web conferencing software, by phone, and through email.
- Maintain a high level of awareness of library policies and procedures and apply appropriately to user interactions.
- Sustain flexibility in work schedule to accommodate shifting priorities of the unit.
- ALA-accredited graduate degree from a library or information science program or equivalent graduate degree in a relevant field.
- One year of experience working in an academic library or similar setting.
- Demonstrated experience working in experiential learning spaces such as makerspaces, audio production studios, virtual reality labs and data visualization labs.
Salary: $57,000 - $63,000 commensurate with experience
For further information or to apply for this position, please go to: https://hr.peoplesoft.nau.edu/psp/ph92prnc/EMPLOYEE/N__HR_CREF/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=2&JobOpeningId=604334&PostingSeq=1