Library Manager-- Texas Tech University-Costa Rica
Post date: Nov 20, 2018
Reports To: Director of TTU-CR (onsite); Head of Research, Instruction, & Outreach, TTU Libraries (Academic / library priorites and goals).
As an Edulink employee, this position will work with the Director of TTU-CR for onsite needs, and for purposes of managing academic library priorities, university standards and SACSCOC requirements for a branch campus of a Tier 1 Research Institute it will work with the Head of Research, Instruction, & Outreach on the TTU Main Campus.
Department: Edulink, (TTU-CR); Research, Instruction, and Outreach (TTU) Date: November 19, 2018
Position Description: This non-tenured track position is responsible for the oversight of academic, public and outreach services of the Texas Tech University – Costa Rica Campus Library. The TTU-CR Library is an official branch with circulation, reserve, reference, document delivery and instruction responsibilities. Supervises the Library Assistant and student assistants. Provides successful library workshops and instruction and research assistance in a university setting to students and faculty having a wide range of skills and goals. Starting salary for the position is $51,000.
- With the Head of RIO and in coordination with the Director of TTU-CR creates goals for the TTU-CR Library.
- Supervision of staff.
- Attends Texas Tech University campus library meetings (virtually).
- Attends TTU training sessions as required (some may be in Lubbock).
- Coordinates with various departments and personnel at the TTU campus library.
- Provides library workshops and instruction sessions and research consultations for students and faculty, both online and in person.
- Coordinates with the Head of Collection Strategies for e-resources use and needs.
- Reports to / coordinates with Head of Research, Instruction & Outreach (RIO) for academic research, instruction and outreach needs.
- Coordinates with Head of Access Services for circulation, reserve, Interlibrary Loan and document delivery needs.
- Coordinates with Web Librarian for changes to the TTU-CR Library website, as needed.
- Coordinates with the UX Librarian to create surveys for TTU-CR students and faculty on library use.
- Ensures that the technology meets the needs of the students and faculty in designated Library spaces (is it the same as in the Library in Lubbock? Is connectivity working? Etc.) and report issues to the appropriate personnel.
- Creates LibGuides.
- Represent the branch unit to administrators, outside agencies and others on relevant matters as needed.
- Compiles monthly statistics using established TTU Library procedures or as requested.
- Check in with the dean of libraries every six weeks.
- Master’s degree in Library Science from an ALA accredited program or international equivalent.
- Must be proficient in written and oral English language.
- Experience or course work in the use of electronic reference tools.
- Evidence of a strong customer services orientation coupled with an ability to interact positively.
- Familiarity with emerging technologies and social media.
- Second Master’s degree in STEM or RHIM field.
- Experience in an academic environment.
- Proficency in Spanish.
- A general knowledge of the information needs of student researchers and an understanding of current trends and issues, including digitization and institutional repositories.
- Experience working in a culturally diverse environment.
To apply, please send Cover Letter and CV as a PDF file to email@example.com