Library Operations Manager-- University of New Mexico
Post date: Nov 10, 2019
The University of New Mexico, College of University Libraries & Learning Sciences (UL&LS), has an opening for a full-time Library Operations Manager. We seek a service-oriented individual with a proven ability to manage effectively in a collaborative environment.
The successful candidate will lead and manage frontline public services for the Centennial Science & Engineering Library (CSEL), which includes: managing building operations; developing and overseeing service schedules; maintaining collections; coordinating facilities and equipment maintenance; and hiring, training, supervising, and supporting the development of staff and student employees. This position will serve as a member of the Access Services leadership team and will contribute to the development, delivery, and assessment of services offered across the University Libraries including reference/information assistance, circulation, reserves, study rooms, print/copy/scan, public/student computing, and collection maintenance. The successful candidate will also work closely with other faculty and staff based in CSEL to ensure that the library meets user needs. The position reports to the Director of Access Services.
Centennial Science & Engineering Library supports the teaching and research programs of the University with a focus on life sciences, physical sciences, and engineering. The Library is home to the Map and Geographic Information Center (MAGIC) and contains an extensive collection of technical reports and government documents. The Library also supports technology-rich spaces and services, including specialized software for quantitative, qualitative, and spatial research as well as game development, and a virtual reality space. In addition, CSEL is home to UNM’s Math Learning Lab (MaLL), a collaborative learning space supporting mathematics education.
Conditions of Employment
- Bachelor's degree; at least 5 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
- Experience providing user support in library public service settings, including in-person and virtual settings
- Experience planning, organizing, and overseeing public service delivery in an academic library setting
- Excellent customer service skills
- Experience managing and completing projects
- Experience hiring, training, and supervising staff and/or student employees
- Experience managing building operations, such as maintaining building hours, maintaining collections, and coordinating facilities and equipment maintenance.
- Experience developing, implementing, and interpreting goals, policies, and procedures
- Demonstrated oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work creatively, collaboratively, and effectively, both as a team member and leader
$3434.31 to $5151.47
This is a benefits eligible position. The University of New Mexico provides a comprehensive package of benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. In addition, UNM offers educational benefits through the tuition remission and dependent education programs. See the Benefits home page for a more information.
Temporary and on-call employees working an appointment percentage of 26 (.26 FTE) or greater, per quarter, will be eligible to earn retirement service credits and thus are required to make New Mexico Educational Retirement Board (NMERB) contributions. More information pertaining to your FTE and NMERB contributions can be reviewed on the NMERB Guidelines Clarified webpage.
Background Check Required
For Best Consideration Date
Required documents: resume and cover letter. Describe how you meet the the job qualifications, including the preferred qualification in your cover letter. Also, include three supervisory references with your application.