Library Specialist, Senior (Content, Discovery, and Delivery Services)-- Northern Arizona University
Post date: July 18, 2019
This is a full-time, 40-hour per week, benefit eligible position located on the Flagstaff, AZ campus. Primary work hours for this position are university business hours (currently Monday-Friday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.). This position requires the flexibility to work extended and non-standard work hours as needed to accomplish objectives.
Only complete applications will be considered. Application must include a cover letter highlighting your qualifications for this position; a resumé; and names and contact information (email and phone) for three professional references.
This position performs a variety of functions to facilitate discovery and seamless delivery of electronic resources to Cline Library users, including loading and maintaining electronic holdings; supporting purchasing and payment workflows; and supporting assessment of electronic collections. The position reports to the Electronic Resources Librarian.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Enter invoice information for electronic resources in the Alma library services platform to ensure complete, accurate records of costs and payments.
- Load and maintain holdings information in Alma for electronic journals, electronic books, and other electronic content.
- Provide outstanding customer service to users of the library’s electronic collections. Troubleshoot problems in Alma and the Primo discovery service to ensure or restore user access to electronic resources. Work with other library staff, vendors, and/or NAU Information Technology Services to resolve issues quickly and completely.
- Train and oversee the work of student employees involved in processes related to electronic resources.
- Collect and analyze usage and other data for assessing electronic collections. Present this data in ways that support informed collection decisions.
- Automate job processes to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Collaborate with library and other university staff as needed to resolve problems, develop and document processes, develop reports, and provide training.
- Keep skills current and keep up with trends and developments related to position responsibilities.
- Actively participate in achieving organizational priorities through cross-training in other departmental and library units. Participate in and contribute positively to library-wide planning and initiatives.
- Perform other duties as assigned, including but not limited to participation in a variety of library projects and initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree AND two years progressively responsible related library experience; OR,
- Six years progressively responsible library, information center, or related work experience;
- OR, Any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education.
- Experience managing electronic library resources and/or library holdings data.
- Experience with the staff functions of an integrated library system or library services platform (Alma preferred); experience with the staff functions of a discovery services platform (Primo preferred).
- Experience analyzing and presenting data for decision-making.
- Supervisory experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience with library tools and technologies related to job responsibilities. Examples include licensed electronic resources (databases, electronic journals, and/or electronic books), integrated library systems/library services platforms, discovery services, proxy servers, and link resolvers.
- Demonstrated ability to use technology to automate processes and analyze data.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and work effectively and collegially with people from a diverse and inclusive community.
- Evidence of excellent planning, organizational and time management skills. Evidence of attention to detail. Ability to manage multiple, shifting priorities in a demanding customer service environment.
- Experience in and strong commitment to outstanding customer service in a user-centered environment.
The budgeted salary amount is $38,186 to $41,186.
This position’s pay grade is 51. The salary range for this pay grade can be found on the CLS Pay Grade Schedule.
The starting salary will be determined by the qualifications of the selected applicant balanced with departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information.
Northern Arizona University requires satisfactory results for the following: a criminal background investigation, an employment history verification and a degree verification (in some cases) prior to employment. You may also be required to complete a fingerprint background check.
Additionally, as an employer in the state of Arizona, NAU is required to participate in the federal E-Verify program that assists employers with verifying new employees' right to work in the United States.
Finally, each year the Northern Arizona University Police Department releases an annual security report. The report is a result of the federal law known as the Clery Act and contains policy statements that address the school’s policies, procedures and programs concerning safety and security including policies for responding to emergency situations and sexual offenses. The report contains three years of data for Clery reportable crime statistics for the campus along with the most current year’s Fire Safety Report, which includes policy statements and fire statistics for Flagstaff on-campus student housing.
The report may be viewed at nau.edu/clery or by visiting the NAUPD website. A printed copy of the report is available upon request by contacting the NAU Police Department, Records Department at (928)523-8884 or by visiting the department at Building 98A on the NAU Mountain Campus.
This position is exempt from the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and therefore will not earn overtime or compensatory time for additional time worked.
This is a Classified Staff (CLS) position. NAU offers an excellent benefit package including generous health, dental and vision insurance; participation in the Arizona State Retirement System; paid vacation and 10 holidays per year; and tuition reduction for employees and qualified dependents. More information on benefits at NAU is available at https://in.nau.edu/Human-Resources/Benefits/ Classified Staff employees are in a probationary status for their first six months at NAU.
NAU is a tobacco and smoke-free campus.
Employees offered a position will be eligible for state health plans (including NAU's BCBS Plan). New employees are eligible for benefits on the first day of the pay period following their enrollment, after their employment date. Employees will have 31 days from their start date to enroll in benefits. Additionally, new employees will begin participating in the Arizona State Retirement System, and the long-term disability coverage that accompanies it, on the first of the pay period following 6 months after the new employee's start date. More information is available at: https://in.nau.edu/human-resources/eligibility-enrollment/
Learning and Development
Your career at Northern Arizona University includes the opportunity for professional development. New employee on-boarding training includes courses to be completed within the first 30 days (https://in.nau.edu/Human-Resources/Required/). If your position includes the supervision of a benefit-eligible employee, we offer the NAU Supervisors Academy for you to complete within your first 2 years.
Application Deadline : Open until further notice.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply" button on this page. You must submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button by midnight of the application deadline. If you need assistance completing your application there are instructions available on line at https://in.nau.edu/human-resources/ or in person in the Human Resources Department located in Building 91 on the NAU Campus - on the corner of Beaver and DuPont Streets.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the hiring process please contact the Office of Equity and Access at: 928-523-3312/TDD - 928-523-1006 or PO Box 4083, Flagstaff AZ 86011.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Northern Arizona University is a committed Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. NAU is responsive to the needs of dual career couples.
NAU is an Employer of National Service. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other National Service alumni are encouraged to apply.