Main Library General Manager— Meridian Library District
Post date: Jun 4, 2020
Are you looking for a library management role where you can lead a team committed to exceptional service? Be part of a transformational library committed to connecting the community to new and creative resources in meaningful ways.
This full time Main Library General Manager position is responsible for:
- Overseeing the day to day operations of Meridian Library District’s Cherry Lane Library
- Leading a high performing team, including managing division supervisors
- Guiding in developing and implementing programs, library initiatives and services
- Developing and promoting customer service strategies and strategic departmental goals
- Managing multiple projects, including planning, coordinating, budgeting and resource allocation, scheduling, reporting, and supervising
- Evaluating and interpreting library policies and procedures for staff and the public. Resolving patron issues in a positive, friendly manner.
- Participating as a strategic member of the leadership team
Number of Hours: 40+ hours per week
Rate of Pay: $60,000 to $70,000 per year, depending on experience
Benefits: Eligible for a competitive benefits package including generous paid time-off, PERSI, 457b deferred compensation plan, and 100% employer paid monthly health insurance premium for employee medical, dental, and vision coverage with the option to add dependents and spouse at reasonable, low cost rates. For a full description of the benefits associated with this position, download the PDF here.
Position Close Date: Open Until Filled
Why Idaho? Meridian, Idaho is an active and safe place to raise a family and has easy access to a variety of outdoor recreational activities. Meridian Library District is a 2019 recipient of the National Medal for Museum and Library Service and the GFOA’s Distinguished Budget Presentation Award.