Program Manager, Discovery & User Experience-- Orbis Cascade Alliance
Post date: June 10, 2019
The Orbis Cascade Alliance, a consortium serving 38 academic libraries in the Pacific Northwest, seeks a service-oriented Program Manager for Discovery and User Experience (DUX). The DUX program encompasses consortial work around discovery, usability, and accessibility. The incumbent will advance consortial efforts through collaboration with members, consortium staff, and external partners.
The Program Manager for DUX works to support our visionary consortial mission: "The Orbis Cascade Alliance pushes the boundaries of what is possible in libraries through strategic collaboration in the Pacific Northwest. To advance member institutions, we create and deliver innovative, sustainable, and essential library programs and resources." Following adoption of this mission statement, the Alliance has embarked on a new strategic plan. Through leadership in discovery, usability, and accessibility of Alliance platforms such as ExLibris Primo, the DUX Program Manager will play a vital role in the strategic plan and the consortium's mission.
We seek candidates who are excited by the opportunity to generate collaboration and engagement among colleagues across the Pacific Northwest. The ideal candidate brings strong organizational skills, builds strong relationships, and has the ability to synthesize information and see the big picture. We seek candidates who will enhance and support an inclusive, diverse work environment, and will bring cultural competence to the design and delivery of consortial services.
The Program Manager for Discovery and User Experience reports to the Executive Director and works with member libraries, vendors, consortium staff, and Alliance teams to oversee, coordinate, develop, and assess the Discovery and User Experience Program.
Major duties include:
- Supporting members to manage the discovery experience at their institutions
- Collaborating across Alliance programs and institutions on accessibility and usability of discovery platforms
- Supporting members' use of Alliance discovery platforms for reference and instruction
- Work is non-routine and requires collaboration, critical thinking, creativity, and diplomacy. This position exercises independence, sound judgment, and leadership in overseeing large, complex, distributed, and high-profile projects.
Additional expectations of all Alliance program managers include:
- Lead or otherwise participate in new initiatives
- Lead efforts to standardize workflows and system configuration
- Propose and monitor program budget
- Engage in professional activities that develop professional skills and enhance the profile and operations of the Alliance.
- Maintain an awareness of all Alliance programs; communicate with other programs and help coordinate activities across the consortium
- Demonstrate leadership in implementing and extending the Alliance Strategic Plan
Full details avaialbe at https://www.orbiscascade.org/program-manager-discovery-user-experience-2019/