STEM Librarian-- University of New Mexico
Post date: Sep 12, 2019
The University of New Mexico College of University Libraries and Learning Sciences (CUL&LS) seeks a collaborative, service-oriented, and innovative STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) Librarian to support a dynamic library system with a strong outreach and instruction program. This is a full-time, 12-month tenure track faculty position. The desired start date is Spring 2020. The annual salary is negotiable based on qualifications and includes full benefits.
As part of Learning & Outreach Services in the University Libraries, the STEM Librarian will:
- Serve as one of the Libraries’ STEM subject specialists, focusing on outreach, instruction, research assistance, and collection management for Engineering, Physical Sciences, and Mathematics;
- Proactively build relationships and partnerships with faculty, staff, and students in undergraduate and graduate STEM programs;
- Work independently and collaboratively with colleagues to design, implement, and assess library instructional services, including face-to-face, hybrid, and online learning opportunities, instruction sessions and workshops, and other approaches with specific attention to the methodologies used by STEM researchers;
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with UL&LS colleagues, employing communication, organizational, analytic, and problem-solving skills;
- Work with campus partners and library colleagues to design, implement, and assess library services and activities;
- In collaboration with other units, provide support for students and researchers in the STEM fields in areas of data management, scholarly communication, etc.;
- Work to meet librarianship & teaching, scholarship, and service requirements for promotion and tenure as detailed in the UNM Faculty Handbook (https://handbook.unm.edu/) and College (CUL&LS) Guidelines (Available upon request);
- Participate in faculty governance as detailed in the UNM Faculty Handbook.
Some job duties may require evening and weekend hours.
The CUL&LS integrates the UNM values of Academic Freedom, Diversity Within the Academic Community, Creativity and Initiative, Excellence, Integrity and Professionalism, and Access and Student Success into all we do. As identified in the CUL&LS strategic plan, we strive to be "a leader in imagining, creating, and realizing the 21st century academic research library and university."
To apply: Applicants must apply online. Visit the UNMJobs website at http://unmjobs.unm.edu/