User Experience Librarian (Assistant Librarian)-- University of Texas at Austin
Post date: Feb 17, 2020
The University of Texas Libraries invites applicants for the position of User Experience Librarian (Assistant Librarian). This position is a key member of the Assessment & Communication team, focused on integrating user need and experiences in all aspects of the UT Libraries’ current and future online and in-person services and spaces.
To receive full consideration, complete application materials are due by the date of first review: March 9, 2020.
Essential duties of this position include:
- Develop and conduct user tests, analyses, and other research methods designed to assess user experiences and needs.
- Present findings and recommendations in written reports and in-person presentations.
- Coordinate with relevant stakeholders to prioritize and implement recommendations.
- Recommend and make user experience improvements to the Libraries website, ensure the site maintains a consistent style and voice, and make routine content updates.
- Coordinate with relevant groups to build a consistent user experience in Libraries systems and spaces.
- Participate in a range of projects of the Assessment & Communication team, including, conducting interviews and facilitating surveys of users.
- As a member of the Assessment & Communication team, foster a culture of assessment and data-driven decision-making.
- Serve on Libraries and University committees and working groups, and participate in local, state, and/or national professional organizations.
For full job details including requirements and salary information, please see the link below.
User Experience Librarian (Assistant Librarian) posting R_00008121
The University of Texas Libraries has a strong commitment to diversity and encourages applications and nominations from traditionally underrepresented groups. We welcome and respect all individuals and communities by valuing and consciously maintaining awareness of diverse perspectives and experiences. We believe inclusivity is critical to fostering excellence in all of our endeavors, and we promote diversity in our collections and the services that we provide as well as in our recruiting, hiring and retention practices. The University of Texas at Austin is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.