The McGoogan Health Sciences Library seeks an innovative and collaborative Data Services Librarian to join a team of faculty education and research librarians. The Data Services Librarian coordinates and delivers the library’s research services for research data management, data curation, data visualization, and data literacy, and oversees the continued development of a portfolio of services that support UNMC researchers. This position liaises with the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research, UNMC units that support researchers, and researcher teams at UNMC. This position will be enthusiastically supported by librarians who have complementary skills in research lifecycle areas.
Library faculty participate in campus service and receive support to pursue professional development. This is not a tenure-leading faculty position, but library faculty may elect to pursue tenure or promotion. On-the-job training is provided and encouraged. This is a full-time, 12-month position. Minimum salary is $65,000 per year.
* Advanced degree in research-related field or master's degree in Library Science from an ALA-accredited institution
* Minimum of one year of experience in library services or research environment
* Course work in managing, sharing or curating quantitative research data, or direct experience supporting researchers in managing, sharing or curating quantitative research data
* Knowledge of data services concepts, such as: data management plans, data curation, data visualization, research and data lifecycle support, open data, and data literacy.
* Knowledge of programming languages, such as: Python, R, and SQL.
* Willingness to take an active role in developing a new library program and promoting a new suite of library services.
McGoogan Health Sciences Library recognizes diversity, equity, and inclusion as core values integral to achieving our mission to connect the past, inform the present, and build the future. Our commitment supports UNMC’s Strategic Plan to ensure that UNMC is an exemplary culturally sensitive, diverse, and inclusive organization in its mission of transforming lives through preeminent education, innovative research, and extraordinary care. Early career librarians and individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
To view the full posting and apply, please visit: https://unmc.peopleadmin.com/postings/73007 or https://unmc.peopleadmin.com/